Saturday, 27 October 2007

Genki desu?

It's been a long tiring day... so there are lots to talk about. :) But I am now SO worn out, I had to think twice whether I should be blogging or sleeping.

My decision was pretty obvious but it took a long time. So this will be a quick update before I forget all the pantastik things that happened today.

First and foremost, I DID NOT get enough sleep. I slept for 1 hour last night and I hope I'll get to sleep more tonight. I woke up barely 1 hour after I fell asleep, after Shee woke Mas and I up at 5am. I laughed at the instant that I opened my eyes, knowing how impossible it was to get back into the comfort of my duvet.

Left home at about 630am to catch the 707am train to London. I pretty much survived the journey to London without switching on my iPod as I was filled in by Mas with all the news from her place. A lot of the news were 'reruns' as she has told me the same things the other night. The difference is, everytime the reruns come, she gives much more emphasis on points she has emphasised before. It's quite amusing when she can't stop talking about one thing... keep thinking about it... and ends up making you want to somehow injure her brain so that she'll think less about it. LOL. Just kidding, Miss. I'm not going to whack your head with my heels, though I've thought about it. Hahahahaha!

Surprisingly, London wasn't that cold at all. Not to be snob or anything (since I come from the Midlands), but it wasn't even chilly... it's almost laughable. Had I knew that it would feel like 'dalam bilik ekon' in London, I wouldn't wear tights under my sheer kain. Wearing that tights caused some MAJOR 'kain tesangkut' moments and a lot of 'MY TIGHTS IS CLINGING TO MY KAIN!!! I WANT TO TAKE IT OFF!' whines. I eventually took that stupid tights off in Dorchester. And GOD, DOES IT FEEL GOOD! Taking it off gave me a sense of euphoria.. yes, it was being that difficult. I think my kain and tights love each other very much. :/

Dorchester Raya, in a nutshell, was pretty good. Despite having quite a bad seat (entirely my own fault)... oh. You want to know how bad was my seat position? :D The speaker was situated right in front of my field of vision. SMACK. Like, right there. Could be described as being sekadar, but hey. This speaker is one humongous thing. Initially, there was also a podium next to the speaker but the organising committee moved it out of sight not long after the show started. So, yeah. Let me continue.

Despite having quite a bad seat, the performances were good. There were fashion shows, singing and dancing. I think it must've been better than I thought as my seat didn't really allow me to watch the entire show in relaxation. I guess everybody would agree that the lucky draws were the best part of the entire raya. Of course, doas and speeches are good too, but everybody was having a good time in lucky draws! :) The organising committee must've worked hard on sponsorships because they have prizes like 'Hi-tea in Dorchester for two', 'Two nights stay in Empire plus breakfast for two', two iPod shuffles and the new iPod Nano. There were many more prizes, of course. I number was picked on the 13th draw and I won a hair straightener. Almost laughable since I don't use a straightener anymore. Maybe I'll just give that to Nee-chan. Oh yeah. The food was good too! The chocolate cake, banana cheesecake(?) and fruit tarts were so good! Weren't that amazed by the main dishes though... maybe I just pay more attention (and give more love) to desserts. :D

Post Dorchester, we decided to do Nando's. And we stayed there till about 7pm, ending up refilling out bottomless drinks so that we don't get thrown out for occupying their space just to chat away. We got tired of staying in Nando's though. And even more important, we have nothing left to talk about. :P So we went to 'round-round', kata orang Brunei. Except that kami round round pakai kaki. LOL. We checked out Whiteley's - nothing much there, except that we JUST noticed that the inner side of its dome changes from red to green and again to red in a timely manner. :) And then we had a VERY cheap thrill of retriving Muna's 5pds from a cross-eyed cashier who didn't remember how much she gave him.

We've realised that we've over-estimated the time we're going to spend in London (perhaps being lost was counted in? LOL.). So, with an extra ~2hrs before our train leaves for Notts, we went to Platform 9 3/4 and took some awesome pictures. =D I think it'll be on lilqil's multiply soon! I think we were pretty much part of the crowd pleaser for a few good moments there! After everything, everyone was so tired! OBVIOUSLY, after pulling Harry's trolley which was bolted to a wall... who in the world wouldn't be tired???

Everyone ended up sleeping on the way back to Notts, but that is only natural after the busy day we had. I took some piccus them and with their permission, I may just post it up facebook for you too see!

I ended up writing this much, Haha.

Oyasumi, minna.

Labels: ,


y17:24y

Layout
Previously Voice of the Venusian, Adeksion symbolises a fresh start for the author. Documents her life right after the atrt of her final year in Uni and hopefully will continue on.
Author
Han. Although more and more people are calling her 'Adek', which she doesn't mind. Scroll through her posts to know her and her view in life. Adek loves anything Japanese, but is more realistic than the sister, Imparfaition. Other than that, Adek also has some productive hobbies such as sleeping and eating. She prefers working in the lab than attending lectures but sleeping in is always the first option. A bad driver with no sense of direction, this occasional baka-bimbo is striving to achieve the best in life.
Linkettes

Amal
Ani
Ihsan
Jane ♥
Jirin
Lish ♥
Masyha ♥
Mashes ♥
Na
Nad ♥
Nisa
Nur ♥
Qil
Rabz
Rin ♥
Shee
Sza ♥
Tee
Yas

Archives

October 2007

Shouts


Credits

Glazeo
Images
Aethereality